U.S. Embassy in Argentina – University of Oregon
Call for Applications 2018-19 Academic Year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Argentina is pleased to invite current Argentine certified English Language Teacher (ELT) professionals (e.g., teachers, teacher trainers, program administrators) to apply for the Advanced Certification for English Language Teaching (ACE) online training program with University of Oregon (UO): https://aei.uoregon.edu/programs/teacher-training/ace
This scholarship covers tuition and materials for 20 selected participants to complete four 5-week courses. Participants who successfully finish will receive a certificate of completion. One participant will be selected, based on the performance out of all of those who finish the program, to visit the UO’s American English Institute, in Eugene, Oregon as a visiting scholar for approximately two weeks in 2019.
- ACE Course #1 – September 24 – October 26, 2018
- ACE Course #2 – November 5 – December 7, 2018
- ACE Course #3 – January 7 – February 8, 2019
- ACE Course #4 – February 18 – March 22, 2019
This course is asynchronous and does not require real-time interaction. Participants use online tools through a learning management system such as Canvas to participate in discussions and complete individual and group assignments.
Candidates should be highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to their own professional development and to sharing the knowledge they gain with colleagues in their local area. Candidates should be committed to fulfilling all program requirements, which include dedicating at least 8-10 hours to course work per week.
In addition, candidates must:
- Be an Argentine citizen
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
- Have the required English language abilities (high intermediate to advanced English language skills), particularly in reading and writing; be able to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (approximately equivalent to a 525 TOEFL / 70 TOEFL iBT)
- Have a general understanding of English technical terms relating to digital technology and the Internet
- Meet internet access and technology skills requirements: Regular access (4-5 times a week) to a reliable, up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connectivity. It will not be possible to complete assignments on a mobile phone
- Have basic technology skills related to email, internet searches and downloads/uploads, logins/passwords, and e-file use (e.g., PDF, MS Word, Excel)
- Be able to type in English well enough to perform online tasks and to submit written assignments in a timely manner
The deadline for interested candidates to send the applications is September 1, 2018. However, we will review applications as long as we receive them and, once we get the necessary number of candidates, we may close the call for applications. So, we recommend that if you are interested, to apply as soon as possible.
Applications submitted by August 15, 2018 will receive priority in the selection process. No applications will be accepted after September 1, 2018. After completing the application form, it should be sent to: ExchangesBA@state.gov
Completing an application is not a guarantee of a scholarship award. The U.S. Embassy and UO will review applications on a rolling basis and send notifications by email.
Applications, which are not complete, will not be considered. Applicants who have completed the ACE online courses before will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not participated in any U.S. Embassy programs before.
Please send your complete application form ONLY to: ExchangesBA@state.gov
Please put in the subject line of your email: “UO ACE Online” and your name.