New Closing Date: MAY 15, 2022.
Explore the possibilities!
- Develop your leadership skills
- Practice English
- Design and plan a community project
- Expand your professional networks
- Create new friendships between the U.S. and Argentina
- Receive a training certificate
Program Dates: August 29 – November 13, 2022
- The call applications will open in April 2022 and will be promoted on social media by the United States Embassy in Argentina.
- Applications that pass the first selection stage will be contacted for an interview in May 2022.
Deadline to Apply: May 8, 2022
What is the program about?
The Buenos Aires Youth Leaders Program provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to transform ideas into actions to improve their communities. The program focuses on civic education, leadership development, entrepreneurship, and social impact.
Virtual Sessions and In Person Camp
For 10 weeks (once a week), participants will connect virtually with their peers and mentors get to know one another, strengthen their leadership skills, as well as practice English.
Representatives from the U.S. Embassy, America Solidaria, Partners of the Americas and other organizations will meet with the participants. After 10 weeks, all participants will meet in person for 4 days at a camp to be held in a Buenos Aires province city to celebrate their successes, finalize their actions plans for their community projects, and celebrate the conclusion of the program
Session Topics Include:
- Exploring leadership, social inclusion, and diversity
- Creating a vision, goals, and objectives
- Expanding professional networks
- Exploring social entrepreneurship, diplomacy, and civic engagement
- Understanding the importance of project monitoring and evaluation and much more!
What costs does the program cover?
The program is free and the United States government will cover the costs of transportation, lodging and meals, some cultural activities, educational materials, accident and illness insurance during the participants’ stay at the camp.
Who can apply?
Youth Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be an Argentine citizen and currently reside in the Province of Buenos Aires
- Be at least 15 years of age and no older than 17 at the time of the virtual exchange and in -person camp dates
- Have at least one more year of high school to complete after the program
- Have an intermediate level of English
- Be enrolled in a public, parochial, or subsidized school
- Have parental or legal guardian consent to participate in the 10-week virtual program and 4-day camp
- Be interested in entrepreneurship and/or volunteering
Mail para consultas: email@example.com