Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Vicinity of the National Congress Building at Avenida Entre Rios, C1033 CABA.
Event: A demonstration is expected to take place on August 26 beginning at 4 p.m. outside the National Congress Building. Demonstrators are protesting against proposed judicial reforms in Argentina. Demonstrations may also potentially occur in other areas of Buenos Aires or other cities. The demonstration may continue through the evening, overnight, and possibly through Friday.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
Standard Recommended Actions:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Argentina Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter