Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
Events: A demonstration is expected to take place today, November 22, beginning at 5 p.m. at Plaza Italia in Palermo. The demonstration is then expected to move to the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy. The group intends to protest U.S. policy towards Bolivia. You should expect traffic disruptions in the area.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid those areas during the late afternoon and evening hours.
The U.S. Embassy reminds that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
Standard Recommended Actions:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444