Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
Events: A demonstration is expected to take place Monday, February 18, beginning at 5 p.m. at Plaza Italia. The demonstration is then expected to move in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires. Police sources estimate upwards of 500 protestors could participate in the march, organized by a group known to incite disorder. The group intends to protest U.S. policy and recent actions towards Venezuela. You should expect traffic disruptions in the area.
The U.S. Embassy reminds that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
Standard Recommended Actions:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Argentina Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter