Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
Events: A demonstration is expected to take place today, February 5, beginning at 5 p.m. at the University of Buenos Aires School of Law in Recoleta. The demonstration is then expected to move in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires. The group intends to protest U.S. policy and recent actions towards Venezuela. You should expect traffic disruptions in the area.
The U.S. Embassy reminds that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
Standard Recommended Actions:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444