Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(June 29, 2018)
Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
Events: A demonstration is expected to take place on June 30 beginning at 3 p.m. near the U.S. Embassy. The group intends to protest U.S. immigration policy. You should expect traffic disruptions in the area.
The U.S. Embassy reminds that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
Standard Recommended Actions:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile
- S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444