Location: Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Event: A demonstration is planned for Wednesday, November 17, 2021, at 3 p.m. at Plaza de Mayo, City of Buenos Aires. The planned demonstration is being staged to demonstrate support for the current governing administration. The U.S. Embassy has not received an estimate for the expected size of the crowd for the demonstration, but reports suggest that more than 100,000 people could attend. U.S. citizens should practice vigilance and remember that demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow the instructions of local authorities.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens should always carry a photocopy of their U.S. passport or other valid identification.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone number: +54 11 5777 4533
Email Address: BuenosAires-ACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Argentina Country Specific InformationCOVID-19 Information – U.S. Embassy in Argentina (usembassy.gov)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter