The U.S. Embassy in Argentina is sponsoring a free English training program for journalists. The courses are offered in three formats for elementary and intermediate levels in the form of two 10-week modules during the year. The courses are for a limited number of participants and are designed for:
- Working journalists
- Journalism or Communications students in their last year of studies
In both cases, participants must have elementary-intermediate English skills to apply for the course.
- Improve English interviewing skills of journalists
- Improve interaction with English speakers
- Develop hearing and reading skills to enhance conversational skills
- Since its inception in 2006, more than 300 journalists from all ages have participated in the program with highly positive results
- Participants have been able to conduct interviews in English with important State Department officers
- Participants have built networks with other participants
Courses are given in three formats:
- Face to Face: in-class program for journalists who reside or work in or near the city of Buenos Aires.
The course is given at ICANA downtown headquarters (Maipú 672), Fridays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The course includes an on-line component of 2-3 hours work per week and an interactive lab component to practice hearing comprehension.
- Full Online: for journalists across Argentina.
This on-line course is designed for participants who cannot attend weekly classes at Bi-National centers and is given in the form of videoconferences from ICANA- Buenos Aires and with written exercises
- The program includes videoconferences from the United States and Buenos Aires
- Participants will be invited to interview U.S. speakers.
- Many of our students have been invited to participate in seminars and international exchanges
English Placement Test
The English placement test consists of a written and an oral component. To be selected for the program, applicants must take the written part of the test at http://www.icana.org.ar/periodistas/ and follow the instructions. Following the written exam, applicants must complete the personal data requested and schedule the oral component that consists in a phone interview by selecting date and time.
For more information, please contact our Press Office
Phone: (011) 5777-4658