This service requires an appointment.
IMPORTANT: The names of all non-applicants who plan to accompany the applicant to the Embassy (such as parents who must appear with their child who is under 16 or other minor siblings) should be listed in the box provided on the appointment form.
Passport applicants are required to utilize the online Passport Wizard. You should ensure all applicable data fields are completed, print the form, and bring to your appointment with other required documents. Do not sign the application until your interview with a Consular Officer.
You must complete and bring Form DS-11 if any of the following are true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport,
- Your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged,
- You were under age 16 when your most recent passport was issued,
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Completed passport application form,
- Previous U.S. passport + copy (data page only). Your new passport will be issued with the same name in your most recent passport, unless you include with the application an original or certified court order or marriage certificate showing a change in name. If never had a U.S. passport bring your U.S. birth certificate + copy or Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship or Consular Report of Birth Abroad + copy. These documents will be returned to you at the end of your appointment.
- One (1) 5 cm x 5 cm passport photograph,
- If available, any additional current government ID (e.g. Argentine DNI, Argentine Passport, U.S. Driver’s license, military ID, foreign passport, etc.) + copy
- Social Security number. It is mandatory to provide your Social Security Number if you were ever issued an SSN, and failure to provide the SSN may delay the passport application process. For questions regarding your social security number, or how to apply for a number, please inquire with our Federal Benefits Office.
- Passport fee: USD 165 (or equivalent in Argentine pesos) to be paid at the Consular section.
- If the passport submitted contains a baby photo or the person has changed a lot, you will need to present progression photos to verify the physical development and identity.
- DHL Waybill for delivery of passport (Available DHL Stores)
Applicants Age 16 and 17
If you have your own identification document (ID), you may apply for a passport by yourself. However, we strongly recommend that at least one parent accompany you to show parental awareness.
Examples of Parental Awareness:
- A parent appearing with you in person when you apply for your passport
- A signed statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID).
If you do not have a current ID, you must show at least one parent knows that you are applying for a passport.
Your passport application may be denied if we have received written objection from one of your parents or legal guardians.