Event: The Government of Argentina has announced the extension of quarantine and social distancing measures through at least September 20. For information on specific areas and restrictions please check the Embassy webpage on COVID-19. Please note that even in those provinces under mandatory social distancing, strict limits on travel, gatherings, and other activities apply.
Please also note that given the increased availability of flights to the United States the U.S. Embassy will no longer disseminate Health Alerts listing specific flights, although flight availability will continue to be updated on the Embassy webpage on COVID-19. U.S. citizens seeking to depart Argentina should monitor the Embassy webpage on COVID-19 or directly monitor airline websites. Other airlines in addition to those listed below may seek authorization from the Government of Argentina to operate special flights.
The following flights are not U.S. government-operated or funded flights. Please direct all questions regarding these flights and the eligibility to purchase tickets to the airline. Also, please note that some flights have sold out quickly, after initial listings on the airline’s website.
American Airlines has reported to the Embassy that they may operate special flights, up to two times per week. The following flights currently appear as available on the American Airlines website:
- EZE – MIA Thursday, September 10
- EZE – MIA Saturday, September 12
- EZE – MIA Thursday, September 17
- EZE – MIA Saturday, September 19
- EZE – MIA Saturday, September 26
- EZE – MIA Thursday, October 1
Eastern Airlines will operate the below:
- EZE – MIA Friday, September 4
- EZE – MIA Friday, September 11
The Government of Argentina has indicated only travelers with confirmed flights from Buenos Aires can travel to the capital, and only within 24 hours of the flight. If your travel to Buenos Aires will take longer than 24 hours, please email the embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be subject to additional CDC screening on arrival in the United States; visit the www.cdc.gov for info.
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Argentina Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter