- City of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Event: The Argentine Ministry of Health (https://www.argentina.gob.ar/salud/sarampion) and the Argentine Pediatric Society (https://www.sap.org.ar/novedades/novedades.html) issued an alert about measles. There have been 26 registered cases of measles in Argentina this year, including six new cases since September 13. As a result of this outbreak, the Argentine Ministry of Health has revised vaccination guidelines.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC Health Information for Travelers to Argentina Page: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/argentina or call the CDC at 800-232-4636 or 404-639-3534.
- Consult a medical professional if you have been in direct contact with an infected person and have symptoms of measles.
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444