Issuance of a Consular Report of Death Abroad (CRDA)
The Embassy issues a Report of Death of a U.S. Citizen Abroad for U.S. civilians who die in Argentina. This report of death is based on the Argentine death certificate and is valid for use in the United States.
What should I submit by email at BuenosAires-ACS@state.gov?
- Argentine Death Certificate
- Cremation Certificate (if applicable)
- Photo of the U.S. passport
- Your passport or Argentine ID
- Proof of relationship to the deceased U.S. citizen (it may include marriage or birth certificate). The Embassy will provide further guidance on what is required.
- Form to request a Consular Report of Death Abroad
At times, the Embassy will require to have the hard copies of some of the documents. You can send them by postal service or schedule an appointment to bring them in person (a third person can also bring them) by sending an email to BuenosAires-ACS@state.gov
If sending by postal service:
U.S. Embassy Argentina
Consular Section – ACS Unit
Av. Colombia 4300 (C1425GMN)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
As from August 2023, the U.S. Embassy will issue an electronic version of a Report of Death of a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Non-Citizen National Abroad (CRODA). The electronic CRDA contains the digital signature of the consular officer, date and time of signature, and U.S. Mission Argentina digital seal to the left of the digital signature.