Message to U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina (November 3, 2023)
Event: Pride Week in Buenos Aires will conclude with the March of Pride on Saturday, November 4, 2023. The parade route is along the Avenida de Mayo from Plaza de Mayo to the National Congress. Very large crowds are expected, and traffic will be re-directed along the parade route. There are concurrent sporting events that may increase the numbers of people in the area. U.S. citizens should practice vigilance in the vicinity of large gatherings and remember that events intended to be peaceful have the potential to turn confrontational.
The U.S. Department of State recently issued a worldwide caution advising U.S. citizens overseas to exercise increased caution due to increased tensions in various locations around the world, the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the parade route if you are not taking part in the event.
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Phone number: +54 11 5777 4354
- Email Address: BuenosAires-ACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444