The United States Embassy in Argentina is pleased to invite all students between 16 and 18 years interested in science, to apply for the National Youth Virtual Science Camp 2021, to be virtually organized between June 28 and July 21, 2021.
The program is sponsored by the United States Department of State, the State of West Virginia and the National Youth Science Foundation and is aimed at academically prominent young people who have demonstrated interest in science.
Representatives from the U.S. Embassy in Argentina will select 4 delegates to virtually attend the camp.
Objectives of the program
Encourage participants to pursue careers in science, inspire lifelong and ethical leadership in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) among delegates, and provide engaged learning opportunities in these areas as well as develope a robust network among delegates and members of the program.
What Will Participants Do?
The 2021 Virtual NYSCamp will include world-class lectures, directed studies, and seminars with prestigious and up and coming STEM professionals who are making a difference in their fields of study and changing the world for good.
Selected delegates must commit to a minimum 4.5 hour daily virtual participation requirement between the hours of 6:00PM to 10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time (edt) for the duration of the camp, corresponding to 19.00 to 23:30 Argentina time.
The camp is free of cost for the four delegates selected by the U.S. Embassy in Argentina.
- Applicants must be between 16-18 years old on June 1, 2021;
- Fluency in English;
- Currently attending high school;
- Should intend to pursue a science-oriented profession;
- Demonstrate superior academic proficiency, including recognition in mathematics and/or sciences;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and interest in one’s community through involvement in both school and community activities;
- Demonstrate skills and achievements outside the realm of science and outside the realm of academic pursuits;
- Demonstrate curiosity and an eagerness to explore; and
- Last year’s minimum GPA (academic grades): 8 (eight).
In addition, precedence is given to:
- Public high school students, or subsidized private school students;
- Applicants who have never traveled to the United States and with little to no previous travel abroad. No passport needed.
PHASES OF THE PROGRAM:
Phase I: Students who meet all the requirements and are interested in applying for this program should fill and send their application package by February 28, 2021.
Phase II: Candidates who advance beyond the screening process of the preselection phase will be invited to participate in a phone interview with U.S. Embassy staff during the last week of March. Other applicants will not be contacted.
Phase III: The Embassy will officially announce the names of the students selected by the end of March 2021.
Participants will start the virtual program on June 28 and finish on July 21, 2021.
Would you help us improve our website
Note: This feature is strictly for feedback about your experience using the website.
All other questions and feedback will be disregarded. Thank you for your understanding.
You are visiting a website that just underwent a redesign. Please take a few moments to provide us with your valuable feedback.
Thank you for sharing your feedback!