Global Sports Mentoring Program
The United States Embassy in Argentina announces an open call for nominations for female emerging leaders in sports from across Argentina to participate in a sports mentoring program for women. Candidates may come from any field of sports, with emphasis placed on: sports management; sports administration; coaching; sports journalism and mass communication; sports marketing; disability sports; social responsibility through sports; or sports medicine. If selected, the candidate will participate in a five-week mentorship program with a leading female executive from a prestigious U.S. sports organization. The Global Sports Mentoring Program will take place from September 24 to October 31, 2017 in the United States. This program is a public-private partnership organized by the University of Tennessee and financed by the Sports Diplomacy division in the Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau of the United States Department of State, espnW and the mentoring companies. The program is locally administered by the Embassy of the United States in Argentina.
Total costs covered include:
- Round-trip travel expenses (from the city of residence in Argentina to where the program will be carried out and back);
- Health insurance; and
- Visa fees.
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Be a female with a minimum of three years of professional experience in a sports-related industry;
- Be between 25 and 40 years old;
- Be fluent in English; and
- Hold a valid passport and reside in Argentina. Applicants with U.S. citizenship will not be considered.
Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously traveled to the United States.
For more information about the program, please visit http://globalsportsmentoring.org/