This service requires an appointment.
Passport applicants are required to utilize the online Passport Wizard. You should ensure all applicable data fields are completed, print the form, and bring to your appointment with other required documents. Do not sign the application until your interview with a Consular Officer.
You must complete and bring Form DS-82 if ALL of the following are true of your most recent U.S. passport:
- Undamaged and can be submitted with your application,
- Issued when you were age 16 or older,
- Issued within the last 15 years, and
- Issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
You must complete Form DS-11 if any of the following are true:
- Your expired passport has been lost, stolen or damaged,
- You were under age 16 when your most recent passport was issued,
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Completed passport application form,
- Previous U.S. passport + copy (data page only). Your new passport will be issued with the same name in your most recent passport, unless you include with the application an original or certified court order or marriage certificate showing a change in name. These documents will be returned to you at the end of your appointment,
- One (1) 5 cm x 5 cm passport photograph,
- If available, any additional current government ID (e.g. Argentine DNI, Argentine Passport, U.S. Driver’s license, military ID, foreign passport, etc.) + copy
- Social Security number. It is mandatory to provide your Social Security Number if you were ever issued an SSN, and failure to provide the SSN may delay the passport application process. For questions regarding your social security number, or how to apply for a number, please inquire with our Federal Benefits Office.
- Passport fee:
- DS-82: USD 130 (or equivalent in Argentine pesos) to be paid at the Consular section.
- DS-11 Adult: USD 165 (or equivalent in Argentine pesos) to be paid at the Consular section.
- If the passport submitted contains a baby photo or the person has changed a lot, you will need to present progression photos to verify the physical development and identity.
- DHL Waybill for delivery of passport