You may submit a passport renewal by Correo Argentino or DHL only if all of the following apply:
Your passport is:
- Issued within the last 15 years;
- Issued with a 10-year validity (passports issued to minors are not eligible for this program and require an in person appointment); and
- Issued in your current name or you have changed your name (by change in marital status or court order only) since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) to prove this change.
Application Submission Process:
- DHL delivery services of the passport application to the Embassy are only available from the specific, participating DHL offices in DHL Caballito, DHL Recoleta, DHL Nordelta, DHL Córdoba, DHL Mendoza, DHL Tucumán, DHL Rosario, DHL Mar del Plata.
- Applicants from other provinces must send their application packages via Correo Argentino’s trackable mail service of “Carta Certificada Plus” instead of DHL.
How to Renew your passport by mail – Please submit:
- Proof you paid your application fee. Printout of email from Pay.gov using this link that confirms you successfully paid the non-refundable $130 application fee; insert Argentina as renewal location. Applicants may create an account or instead utilize the payment form as a “guest user.” Pay the application fee online at the following website: https://pay.gov/public/form/start/607957567
- Your completed renewal application. Fill out and submit your DS-82 passport application form online, using the Passport Wizard. Sign and date on the line labeled Applicant’s Legal Signature; If applicable – Evidence of Name Change – e.g. Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, or Court Order (name change must have taken place after your previous passport was issued);
- Your most recent full-validity U.S. passport,
- One color passport photograph (5 x 5 cm);
- Social Security Number: If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must also submit a statement on a separate piece of paper, signed and dated, that includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security number by the Social Security Administration.”
- Return, pre-paid DHL airway bill. Family members or trusted friends may purchase the DHL pre-paid airway bill on the applicant’s behalf, but the airway bill must contain the applicant’s name, as listed in the applicant’s U.S. passport. Passports are delivered via DHL so please do not send Correo Argentino stamps.
- Documents Checklist (click to download and print)
Send your application and all requested documents via Correo Argentino or DHL to the following address:
U.S. Embassy Argentina
Consular Section – ACS Unit
Av. Colombia 4300 (C1425GMN)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Processing time is approximately seven to eight weeks.
Please be sure to include all requested documents in the application package as any missing information may result in delays or denial of your passport application.
If you pay with an Argentine-issued credit card, note that the Government of Argentina currently imposes different taxes on foreign transactions from Argentina using an Argentine-issued card. Applicants using U.S.-issued credit cards should not incur this tax. Please note that passport application fees are non-refundable.
For step-by-step instructions, please see our PAY.GOV Guide (PDF 484 KB)