If you have already been issued an emergency limited validity passport and you need to replace it for a full validity passport please follow the instructions below.
- Form DS-5504. Filled out online;
- Your emergency limited validity passport;
- One color passport photograph (5 x 5 cm, white background) taken within the past 6 months, no eyeglasses;
- Pre-paid DHL Airway Bill.
There is no fee required to replace an emergency limited validity passport for a full validity passport as long as it was issued within the last year and did not have any restrictions in place at the time of issuance.
Application Submission Process:
Send your complete passport renewal application by registered mail to:
U.S. Embassy Argentina
Consular Section – ACS Unit
Av. Colombia 4300 (C1425GMN)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You must include in the envelope:
- Form DS-5504: fill out and submit your passport application form online, using the Passport Wizard
- You must print and sign the DS-5504 application on the line labeled Applicant’s Legal Signature (age 16 and older) or Mother/Father/Parent/Legal Guardian’s Signature (if identifying minor)
- Note the strict requirement to provide your U.S. Social Security Number on the DS-5504 application
- If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must also submit a statement on a separate piece of paper, signed and dated, that includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security number by the Social Security Administration.”
- Your emergency limited U.S. passport, must be included
- One color passport photograph (5 x 5 cm, white background) taken within the past 6 months, no eyeglasses
- If applicable – Evidence of Change of Name – e.g. Marriage Certificate, Change of Name, Statutory Declaration or Court Order (name change must have taken place after your previous passport was issued)
- Return, pre-paid DHL airway bill – only available from one of the participating DHL offices (Available DHL Stores). Family members or trusted friends may purchase the DHL pre-paid airway bill on the applicant’s behalf, but the airway bill must contain the applicant’s name, as listed in the applicant’s U.S. passport.