Event: The Department of State updated language in its Travel Advisory for Argentina.
The overall Travel Advisory Level for Argentina remains Level 1 (Exercise Normal Precautions). The city of Rosario has been designated as Level 2 (Exercise Increased Caution) due to crime.
Criminal and narcotics trafficking elements are active in Rosario (Santa Fe province) resulting in increased crime and violence.
U.S. Embassy personnel are required to give advance notice before traveling to Rosario.
Please take the following actions:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Argentina.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone number: +54 11 5777 4533
Email Address: BuenosAires-ACS@state.gov