IMPORTANT NOTICE: The US Embassy Argentina ONLY implements an ELECTRONIC PACKET SUBMISSION process for all E visa applicants. Paper submission packets are no longer accepted by the Embassy.
The U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires is currently processing treaty trader (E-1) and treaty investor (E-2) visa applications from applicants who are nationals of Argentina or permanent residents of Argentina prior to the submission of the application package. If you are applying as a non-Argentine resident or citizen, please contact us prior to submitting an application.
Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation. To qualify for an E-1 visa, the applicant must be coming to the United States solely to engage in substantial trade in qualifying activities, including trade in services or technology, principally between the United States and the treaty country, or to work in the enterprise as an executive, supervisor, or essentially skilled employee. To qualify for an E-2 visa, the applicant must be coming to the United States solely to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the applicant has invested a substantial amount of capital, or to work in the enterprise as an executive, supervisor, or essentially skilled employee.
How to Apply for an E Visa in Argentina
- Review our E Visa Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF 138 KB)
- Complete and submit the Online Visa Application (DS-160) along with your uploaded photo. Save a copy of the confirmation page.
- Create a user account and pay the visa application fee for yourself and any accompanying family members, following the instructions provided at our appointment service provider’s website.
- Complete and save Form DS-156E (not required for dependent family members).
- Submit by email the required documentation for your application. Carefully review the following pages for a detailed list of the required documents and submission instructions:
- We will review your documentation. If it is not complete, we will contact you for resubmission. If it is complete, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Please wait until you receive a response from the E visa team at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires before inquiring on the status of your application.
- Appear for your interview at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires with a photo 5x 5 for each applicant.