Dear Consular Customer,
Welcome to the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires.
The. U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires provides a variety of emergency and non-emergency services, as well as helpful information, to U.S. citizens visiting or living in Argentina. Please review our website to familiarize yourself with the services we can and cannot offer.
- To make an appointment to register the birth of your child, click here
- To schedule an appointment for a passport, click here.
- To schedule an appointment for a notarial service click here.
- If you have questions regarding an immigrant visa petition for a relative, please contact BuenosAires-IV@state.gov
If you arrive at the consulate for any non-emergency service without an appointment, you will be asked to return after securing one. Thank you for your cooperation with this policy, which will ensure that services are offered in a more efficient manner, with shorter wait times. Please note that failure to renew a passport in a timely manner prior to your travel is not an emergency service, and you will need an appointment to receive a new passport.
When making your appointment, please note that “Other Services” do not include consultations about visas or federal benefits (i.e. social security).
* On December 21, 2019, the Argentine government imposed a 30 percent tax (impuesto pais) impacting the international travel and tourism sector in Argentina. As of December 21, any purchase made in a foreign currency, such as U.S. dollars, using a credit or debit card issued by an Argentine bank will be charged a 30 percent tax. When using a credit card issued by an Argentine bank to pay for consular services, the amount will be charged in U.S. dollars and therefore subject to the Argentine government’s 30 percent tax. Fees for ACS consular services (e.g. U.S. passport applications and notarials) can be paid at the U.S. Embassy using cash (dollars or pesos), credit cards, or U.S. debit cards.
If the answer to your question is not found on our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.