The filing address depends on whether you are filing Form I-140 by itself or with another form. Check the Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-140 for instructions on where to mail your form.
- If filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility:
- Please read our filing tips.
- We will send you a text message and/or e-mail when your Form I-140 has been accepted if you complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the front of your petition.
- To ensure your Form I-140 is accepted for processing:
- Pay the correct filing fee.
- Sign the form
- Fill out the form completely and accurately, particularly these required fields:
- Part 1 – Family Name or Company/Organization Name
- Part 1 – Address
- Part 1 – IRS Tax # or SSN (does not apply to Petition Types 1.a. (Alien of Extraordinary Ability) or 1.i. (National Interest Waiver)
- Part 2 – Petition Type
- Part 3 – Date of Birth
- Submit the required evidence listed in the form instructions