This option can be used by Argentine citizens or residents who possess a valid 10-year B1/B2 visa or one that has expired within the past 12 months. Depending on the issuance date of such visa, the applicant will be required to schedule only one appointment at the ASC (Applicant Service Center) in order to submit the documents and have his/her fingerprints and photo captured, or two appointments, one of them at the ASC (fingerprints and picture capture) and the other at the Embassy (fingerprints verification.)
- Are Argentine citizens applying with an Argentine passport and posess a B1/B2 visa (tourism and business) issued for 10 years at any US Consulate and which is valid or has expired within the past 12 months; or applicants who
- Are Argentine residents (with DNI) who possess a B1/B2 visa (tourism and business) issued for 10 years at any US Consulate and which is valid or has expired within the past 12 months
- Have never been arrested or convicted of a crime, deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States, or have had any other problems or difficulties with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol when attempting to enter the United States.
Applicants who meet the requirements listed above shall complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the DS-160 online application form and print the confirmation sheet (barcode) per each applicant. Please, complete the application at: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv
Step 2: Go to the Applicant Service Center website and register online by creating an account (e-mail and password), choose the visa category you will apply to, select DHL’s branch where to pick up your visaed passport after the interview, pay the application fee (MRV fee) and schedule your appointments. In order to fulfill this step, you will need:
- Current passport
- Previous passport including the visa to be renewed
- DS-160 form’s barcode per each applicant.
Step 3: Print and read thoroughly the PDF file including useful information about your application. Download PDF file HERE (PDF 557 KB)
Please use one of the numbers below to obtain information on this program:
Buenos Aires 54-11-5984-1910
La Plata 54-221-5138038
Where do I submit the documentation?
Applicants who must schedule only one appointment shall submit the documents at the Applicant Service Center (ACS) at Avenida Santa Fe 4569, Palermo, on the appointment date. Those who must schedule two appointments shall submit the documents both at the ASC and the Embassy. Such documents will be withheld at the Embassy on your appointment date.
Where do I pick up the passport? – NOT at the Consulate
After the visa is processed, the consulate will send the passport(s) via DHL to the branch selected by the applicant at the beginning of the registration process. The delivery is FREE OF CHARGE to any branch in Buenos Aires and the rest of the country (selected when registering). Within 10 working days after submitting the documentation, you may access your account and find the tracking number to pick up your passport(s). You will find the message “ready for pick up” in the Applicant Summary.