The application process for the next Young Leaders of the Americas (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program is now open. Applications for the upcoming cohort of YLAI Professional Fellows will close on September 18, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. EDT.
The U.S. portion of the YLAI Professional Fellows Program will occur between June 7 – July 17, 2020. Before applying, please double-check your calendar to ensure you will be available to travel to the United States during these dates.
YLAI empowers entrepreneurs to strengthen their capacity to launch and advance their entrepreneurial ideas and effectively contribute to social and economic development in their communities.
Who is eligible to apply?
The YLAI Professional Fellows Program is open to young entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria:
• Are between the ages of 25 and 35 at the Fellowship start date.
• Are a resident and citizen of one of the participating countries*: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
*In the specific cases of residency in Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten, citizenship in the Netherlands is accepted
• Are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
• Have a demonstrated track record of successfully growing their own business or social venture for at least two (2) years.
• Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
• Are not a U.S. government employee.
• Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Applications not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee. To apply, or for more information, please visit this page.